STEP #1: Linking to your YouTube Account
Enable Live Streaming:
- Sign in to your YouTube account
- On your desktop computer, click the video icon at the top right of your account and select 'Go live'
- If you haven't already set up your YouTube account to Livestream, select 'Stream' and fill out the details for your channel.
- A page will display as pictured below, copy both the stream key and stream URL.
Add your YouTube streaming details to your account:
- Go to Settings > Recording & Live Streaming > Toggle On
- Paste in your streaming key
- and share URL and click save.
Note: From time to time YouTube will update these settings, so it is suggested that you confirm these details before each live streaming event.
TIP: For more detailed guidance on using your YouTube account generally, please visit the YouTube support site here: support.google.com/youtube
STEP #2: Share your livestream link with participants
- Provide the link above with your 'channel name'
- We recommend adding it to your invitations and suggest it as an alternative option for 'overflow' if you are expecting you may exceed the maximum total of 100 participants.
STEP #3: Now you are ready to Live Stream!
- Start an Online Meeting from your account dashboard
- Click the Circle 'Record' icon in the top toolbar
- Select 'Record Video' and ensure the checkbox 'Live Stream Video' is selected.
- This will start a live stream on your YouTube Channel (NOTE: This will only appear if you have entered your YouTube credentials)
*This feature is only available to a moderator